View all jobs
Sr. Mechanical EngineerBrampton, ON
- Interested candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field and 10-12 years of post-graduate experience in the Aerospace industry.
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Experience with customer interactions for presentations, technical discussions or training.
- Liaises with customer to resolve issues and discuss new business.
- Communication skills – oral and written
- Multi-tasking and task-prioritizing capability
- Ability to work to tight schedule constraints and organize work flow to meet same
- Understanding of mechanism design functionality within a system and their failure modes
- Experience in front end of the business (FEOTB) in regards to preparing proposals and estimating activities based on customer requirements and design cycle.
- Understanding spacecraft verification and validation requirement(s) is an asset
- Minimum 10yrs experience with mechanism design and analysis activities, including tolerance analysis, component selection and performance analysis
- Familiarity with NX CAD & CAE tools
- Experience in preparation of detailed schedules with Microsoft Office is a definite asset. Knowledge and use of other scheduling software packages will be considered.
- Back end of the business (BEOTB) experience in the manufacturing and testing of subsystems, assemblies and components – including design/testing of GSE
- Identifies risks, proposes solutions and develops mitigation strategies.
- Investigate problems/failures during development and test