Electrical Systems Design Engineer
A Systems Designer requires advanced formal engineering training and experience, system analysis skills and the ability to analyze and generate product technical requirements and architectural design.
Responsibilities include interfacing between customers and design teams to formalize the requirements; generate the plans, interface and design documents; and perform architecture design and safety analysis according to company and engineering department processes; and to lead the engineering teams throughout the product development, verification and qualification phases – to completion of the product development until “ready” for manufacturing.
- Responsible for ensuring that systems engineering tasks are performed in accordance with engineering procedures.
- Support certification process, manage and/or generate systems engineering related documentation that include ARP4754A/DO-254 plans, high level design, technical requirements documents, Interface Control Documents, test requirements, test plans, methods of compliance and present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform Environmental and EMI/EMC (DO-160) requirement analysis and support qualification testing and results analysis.
- Collaborate with designers to develop the required designs/products and perform causal analysis of detected problems
- Continually participate and support program risk assessment and mitigation
- Analyze and solve any detected problems within a team setting; Effectively lead all technical aspects of a development program to produce a product that meets the customer requirements; Competence to perform analysis and verification of product design process. Plan and conduct product reviews and testing activities, reports and documents.
- Effectively plan, manage and achieve all the design goals and milestones of the product development program.
- Support existing programs to meet other customer requirements including conduct of technical investigations, integration development, and program review meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience with embedded control systems preferably in the commercial aviation industry for Engines, Nose Wheel Steering, and Landing Gear control.
- Experience/familiarity with ARP4754A, ARP4761.
- Experience/familiarity with DO-160, DO-178, DO-254.
- Experience in requirements management tools such as DOORS, ReqView etc. Knowledge of avionics/aerospace product development and project engineering principles, methods and practices including knowledge of CM and QA/QC practice.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements of CGP (or ITAR if required by a project)
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail.
- Excellent analytical, strong verbal and communication skills.