SYSTEMS ENGINEERING MANAGER
This role offers a unique opportunity for an experienced professional to leverage their exceptional systems knowledge and management prowess, propelling a successful company to unprecedented heights. Recognized and rewarded for contributions, this leadership position will oversee the Systems Engineering group.
- Lead the professional growth of the Systems Engineering team, providing mentorship and conducting performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Foster the development of essential technical competencies within the team, including training, career planning, and mentorship.
- Develop estimates, schedules, compliance matrices, and cost assessments for project bids.
- Establish and uphold engineering technical standards encompassing hardware and embedded control design.
- Manage various facets of the product development lifecycle, including Requirements Engineering, Architecture/Design Development, Baseline Control, Tool Support, Training, Process Definition, Qualification, Verification and Validation, Systems Integration, and Specialty Engineering (e.g., mechanical, thermal, reliability, EMI/EMC).
- Direct and lead a team of Project Engineers engaged in ongoing development programs.
- Oversee Product Integration testing and Environmental (DO-160/MIL-STD) qualification efforts.
- Provide support for product design certification, adhering to standards such as ARP-4754A, ARP-4761, and DO-254.
- Monitor project statuses and budgets, delivering comprehensive reports.
- Foster synergy within the organization by actively promoting positive collaboration between functional management and program staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronic, Aerospace, or a related Engineering discipline, along with Professional Engineer certification.
- A minimum of 10 years of combined design and management experience, encompassing technical and/or embedded software development.
- Background in control systems (e.g., Engine Control, Landing and Steering Controls), Avionics, Aerospace, or other high-reliability product domains is advantageous.
- At least 7 years of experience in systems engineering and architecture design.
- Profound technical acumen, coupled with effective leadership capabilities, exceptional interpersonal skills, and strong administrative proficiency.
- Previous involvement in integrated, multidisciplinary engineering management teams.
- Proficiency in standards such as RTCA DO-160, ARP-4754A, ARP-4761, and other Military Standards governing safety-critical hardware, embedded systems, and software development and testing.
- Familiarity with DO-254 and DO-178B/C standards.
- Deep understanding of avionics and aerospace product development, alongside project engineering principles, methods, and practices.
- Knowledge of related disciplines including estimation, planning, budgeting, staffing, and project control.
- A track record of successfully managing technical teams, projects, and budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Active membership in the Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) or eligibility for membership is an asset.
*Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, or responsibilities associated with the role.*