Location: Mississauga, ON
As a qualified Electrical Engineer with experience designing analogue and digital circuits for machine automation, you will be developing naval machinery and you will be expected to organize and lead projects. Projects will begin with assisting in the preparation of estimates and technical write-ups through project planning, design, troubleshooting, through qualification testing and possible set-to-work activities on-board naval vessels.
• Design and maintain electronic systems for military naval systems.
• Analyse customer needs and determine electrical system requirements, capacity and cost.
• Support interfacing disciplines such as mechanical, software, test, customer support, manufacturing, production, product management and project management.
• Inspect electronic equipment, instruments and systems to make sure the meet safety standards and applicable regulations.
• Develop testing and maintenance procedures for electronic equipment and systems.
• Work with project managers on production efforts to ensure that projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Applied Science.
• 8 plus years of hands on experience designing analogue and digital circuits for machine automation for defense/aerospace industry
• PEO "Professional Engineer" designation is an asset
• Experience with naval or airborne machinery including winches, large projects and their management, as well as government and international customers would be an asset
• Familiar with preparation of project plans, test procedures, qualification testing and technical reports.
• Practical knowledge of schematics and PCB Layout.
• Experience in VHDL programming for FPGAs
• Experience with EMI standard and MIL-STD-461 is an asset
• Proficient in detailing system design, motor controls, operator panel layout, cabling, control logic methodologies & electro-hydraulic controls.
• Familiar with packaging of electrical and electronics assemblies
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.