Job Description: As a member of an engineering team and under the supervision of an experienced professional, the successful candidate will be responsible for establishing the structural design of critical tooling used in the assembly and testing of space equipment. Using standard methods or finite element models, the structural analyst will perform calculations to demonstrate the strength of the equipment and ensure compliance with established standards. The position requires conducting in-depth studies, interpreting results, and drawing conclusions.
- Size components, identify problematic areas, suggest modifications, or guide the design if necessary.
- Calculate safety margins and document analyses.
- Establish specifications for equipment or subsystems.
- May supervise other junior analysts.
- Participate in the evaluation of costs and schedules.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- Over 2 years of experience in materials strength analysis.
- Practical knowledge of the Finite Element Method, preferably with Nastran in an NX environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in the aerospace and defense industry.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Experience in structural testing.