Job Title: Satellite Attitude Determination & Control Systems Engineer
Location: Montréal, QC
The Satellite Attitude Determination & Control System Engineer will play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of satellite Attitude Determination and Control Systems (ADCS). The position involves designing, analyzing, and testing attitude estimation and control algorithms, orbit maintenance maneuvers, sensor/effector modeling, and related flight hardware. The Engineer will collaborate closely with various teams to ensure the successful execution of satellite missions.
- Define, analyze, and document requirements for attitude estimation and control algorithms, sensor/effector modeling, and flight hardware.
- Perform stability analysis and assess the impact on platform instruments.
- Develop and implement pointing, orbit raising, and station-keeping algorithms for satellite missions.
- Analyze platform stability to ensure minimal jitter for line-of-sight instruments.
- Provide support for mission analysis, requirements, and Flight Software development.
- Monitor and collaborate with suppliers and integrated product teams.
- Contribute to program reviews including EQSR, SRR, PDR, and support test reviews (TRR, TRB, DRB, NCR’s).
- Support subsystem Assembly, Integration, and Test activities.
- Assist in Satellite testing activities such as EGSE, Test supervision, and data analysis.
- Write subsystem Operations Manual and support In-Orbit Test (IOT) activities.
- Collaborate with the Spacecraft operations team during critical mission phases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in a relevant field with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Previous design and testing experience with Low Earth Orbit (LEO)/Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) satellites and ADCS subsystems.
- Strong understanding of the space environment, orbit mechanics, and aerospace system engineering fundamentals.
- Demonstrated capability to test systems, identify issues, and propose effective solutions.
- Hands-on experience with systems integration processes and qualification testing of new designs.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to distill complex problems into fundamental issues for analysis and resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; knowledge of French is an asset
- Experience in leading and coaching technical teams is highly desirable.
*Note: This job description is not exhaustive and the role may require additional duties as per the project's demands. The company is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from all backgrounds.*