Job Title: Sr Advanced Bearing Analysis Engineer
- Conduct in-depth analysis of bearings and ball screws for diverse aerospace mechanical assemblies.
- Perform load and life analysis of bearings and ball screws to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Collaborate closely with project and design engineering teams to integrate analytical insights into the design process.
- Generate comprehensive technical documentation, including stress reports and part specifications.
- Present analytical results to customers during design reviews, addressing queries and providing recommendations.
- Estimate costs and workloads associated with bearing and ball screw analysis projects.
- Provide support to the integrated supply chain team for hardware in the manufacturing phase.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering.
- Fundamental understanding of engineering hand calculations.
- 3+ years of experience in the design and analysis of rolling element bearings and/or ball screws.
- Advanced understanding of strength of materials, fatigue life, and manufacturing processes.
- Passion for mechanism design and a curiosity about how things work.
- Experience with electromechanical actuators.
- Familiarity with mechanical component rig testing.
- Ambitious and able to work with little supervision; consistently take the initiative to get things done.
- Familiarity with various bearing types and applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
Note: This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge aerospace technology. The successful candidate will play a key role in advancing bearing and ball screw analysis, ensuring the reliability and performance of mechanical assemblies in aerospace applications.