View all jobs
Software DeveloperRockford, IL
Software Developer (Avionics Simulations)
- Software Development: Design, develop, document, test and maintain simulation software solutions using C, C++, Python and LabVIEW in a Mixed Linux and National Instruments environment.
- Avionics Communications: Develop and Integrate communications on avionics buses like A429 using vendor supplied APIs and ICDs.
- Simulation Modeling: Create simple simulation models for avionics systems and components, ensuring accuracy and reliability.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including hardware engineers, avionics experts, and quality assurance teams.
- Troubleshooting: Identify and resolve issues and bugs in simulation software.
Nice to have:
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Vast experience in hands on software development using C, C++, and Python.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with LabVIEW and other National Instruments hardware and software tools.
- Experience with avionics communication protocols and buses (e.g., A429, AFDX, RS232/422/482 & CAN).
- Prior experience in aerospace or avionics simulation development
- Knowledge of DO-178C and DO-330