This position will work closely with the Business to proactively address customer billing problems before they become collections issues, primarily through proactive customer invoice negotiation and collections enablement. Working with the Business, the incumbent will ensure deadlines are met, work towards and achieve goals for Working Capital (WC) including Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP). This position is the primary contact interfacing between the Business and the Customer for the coordination of timely and accurate billing.
· Participate in achievement of overall WC goal
· Establish and maintain effective working customer relationships both internal and external.
· Actively lead the reduction of Unbilled AR.
· Work the customer relationship to optimize monthly progress billings on projects. Lead the liaison between external customer and internal project managers to proactively manage the balance between accurate, timely billing and maximization of cash collections.
· Work with Project Mangers to drive timely close out of projects and reduction of Unbilled Retention.
· Manage release of payments (AP) to subcontractors in compliance with law
· Assist with the management and preservation of lien/bond rights in accordance with local mechanics lien laws to protect Honeywell's right to payment.
· Assist C2C team with the resolution of disputes where it pertains to billing issues.
· Facilitate monthly Unbilled AR review/escalate billing issues including driving actions through maintaining action register
· Provide monthly and adHoc status updates for reporting purposes
· Perform project invoicing reconciliations where required
· Identify and escalate defined uncollectible accounts and mitigate AFDA risks.
· Act as control point for business WC specific policies and processes
· Drive regular involvement of Business leaders in status of portfolio
· Act as a team member of the HBT Americas Working Capital Team
· Special Projects focusing on Clean up and/or Process Improvement as required
· Associate's or Bachelor's degree or equivalent
· 5 - 10 years experience in finance, accounting or managing external customer relationships
· Knowledge in working with database applications (SAP preferred)
· Understanding of financial accounting basics
· Excellent communication skills both internally across distances and externally with customers
· Sound understanding of Working Capital concepts.
. Understanding of construction industry standards. (ie: tiered structure, lien and bond laws, paid when paid, prompt payment laws).