At Aversan, we're seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our cross-functional team as a Designer. In this role, you'll be responsible for executing design, integration, or testing activities within a collaborative and supportive environment.
As a Designer, you'll have the opportunity to work closely with experienced engineers who will guide and mentor you throughout the process. We provide access to cutting-edge design tools, such as Siemens NX and Teamcenter, to help you translate mission requirements into practical designs.
Design: You'll collaborate with our engineering team to develop state-of-the-art robotics, generating design concepts while adhering to principles of design for manufacture and minimum weight. You'll also create detailed component and assembly drawings to support manufacturing and assembly processes. Proficiency in GD&T per ASME Y14.5 standard and tolerance stack-up analysis will be essential.
Integration: You'll be part of the team responsible for developing and executing integration plans. This role offers exposure to working with operations, subcontractors, and customers to ensure successful integration of our products.
Testing: Joining our testing team, you'll contribute to planning and executing test campaigns to verify that our products meet system requirements. You'll assist in designing test rigs and collaborate with experienced technicians in our industry.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop cutting-edge robotics
- Generate design concepts using Siemens NX and Teamcenter, applying design for manufacture and minimum weight principles
- Create detailed component and assembly drawings for manufacturing and assembly processes
- Apply GD&T per ASME Y14.5 standard to mechanical components
- Perform tolerance stack-up analysis and demonstrate knowledge of statistical tolerancing
- Accurately estimate work tasks and identify corrective actions when necessary
- Identify risks, propose solutions, and develop mitigation strategies for design issues and schedule concerns
- Investigate manufacturing issues and discrepancies during parts procurement
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in mechanism design and analysis, including tolerance analysis, component selection, and drafting
- Strong proficiency in CAD core tools, such as Siemens NX, Teamcenter, Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.
- Good understanding of GD&T per ASME Y14.5 and experience applying the standard to mechanical parts
- Experience in manufacturing and testing of subsystems, assemblies, and components is considered an asset
- A post-secondary diploma or degree from a university or polytechnic is preferred
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively
Success in this role requires a proactive and detail-oriented mindset. You'll thrive in our collaborative culture, where we encourage open communication and innovative thinking.
Join our dynamic team and contribute to groundbreaking projects in the field of robotics. Apply now to be part of our exciting journey!