Senior Digital Analog PCB Design Engineer
Location: Montreal, QC (Hybrid)
- Take the lead of Digital/Analog design of a PCB for space projects.
- Supervise junior team members in the design of PCB.
- Convert board level requirements into a board design concept (architecture, I/Os, key parts, power dissipation estimate, FPGA, Software, etc.)
- Coordination with FPGA, software and test designers to finalize the concept and facilitate integration.
- Review and handle the completion of schematic capture level design.
- Identify technology and design risks.
- Guide the team to achieve Design for Manufacture/Test in the space environment.
- Review design layout constraints definitions, parts placement and layout, manufacturing and assembly drawings.
- Prepare and review long lead items lists, BOM, and ensure parts qualifications for space systems
- Perform, manage and review circuit simulation (SPICE, Hyperlynx, ADS, etc.) & various design analyses (ex: worst case, FMECA).
- Coordination with other specialties (structure, thermal, packaging, manufacturing, quality assurance, etc.) handling the reviews for the PCB component placement and layout.
- Manage board assembly and manufacturing tests.
- Support environmental and functional tests and validation for space missions.
- Report progress and issues to the program manager.
- Prepare and review the various documents such as presentations, test plans, test procedures, etc.
- Perform and lead junior members in testing, troubleshooting, and debugging of complex mixed signals boards.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience in designing digital/analog, high speed or mixed signal PCBs.
- Exposure with design architecture and handling of multi-disciplinary specifications and reviews (FPGA, software, mechanical, etc.).
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets, Python, MathCAD, Spice, Matlab, JIRA, or other such tools/software languages.
- Strong understanding of electronic circuits and communication protocols
- Know about PCB manufacturing processes
- Experience in conducting analyses (FMECA, WCA, signal integrity, power integrity, etc.) using various tools such as PSICE, ADS SiPro, Hyperlynx, etc.