The main function of a safety and reliability engineer is to action safety and reliability tasks on programs.
* Review system-level designs for large space systems and perform analyses, such as safety/hazard analysis, reliability analysis, fault tree analysis, failure mode analysis and/or life analysis.
* Early identification of safety risks and mitigation planning.
* Define safety and reliability requirements, including safety controls.
* Finding process improvements for increased quality, productivity, efficiency, and cost savings.
* Knowledge of safety/hazard analysis and/or reliability fundamentals.
* Proficiency in MS Office products.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline required.