Aversan Inc. we are Canada's leading defense firm, and we are trying to onboard a consultant for a Digital Telecommunication Payload System Engineer/Architect that would be responsible for design, analysis, implementation, optimization, and enhancement of end-to-end communication digital payload systems and/or subsystem elements related to the system architecture.
Work includes proposal and program efforts, front-end design, detailed analyses, and development, digital channelize and on-board processing design specification, evaluation of Payload throughput and link budgets for multi-beam systems, integration and testing of the end product.
The Telecommunication payload Systems Engineer is responsible for design, analysis, implementation, optimization and enhancement of end-to-end communication digital payload systems and/or subsystem elements related to the system architecture.
• Support/lead technical projects and end-to-end telecommunications systems engineering activities using digital transponder providing flexibility, and connectivity.
• Support the design of communication satellite Payloads from conventional RF bent pipe payloads to digital on board processing payloads (transparent or regenerative).
• Generate/support system requirements definition and subsystem specifications for RF and digital equipment, including the following: Digital channel processor specifications, Direct Radiating Array (DRA) Phased Antenna with analog or digital Beam forming network, High capacity multiple spot beam systems, Flexible payload including Multi-Port Amplifier
• Perform requirement analysis and system trade studies.
• Perform link and performance budget calculations and evaluate satellite throughput.
• Generate and supervise methods, standards, plans, and procedures for systems engineering tools and systems tests for payload with digital channel processing.
• Support design reviews
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent.
• This position requires a minimum of 4 to 8 years of experience in digital equipment and signal processing and Networking (i.e. DTN, MPLS, routing protocols…), DVB, Modcods, the knowledge of 5G NTN, RF and system payload design will be considered favorably.
• Demonstrated experience in leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams is desired.
• Excellent communication, technical writing, and oral presentation skills.
• English required, French fluency would be an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and self-motivation.
• Strong analytic, technical and problem solving skills.
• Canadian citizen or permanent resident is preferred