Aversan Inc. (www.aversan.com) is a reputable Engineering Company that provides expertise in the Aerospace and Defense industry. We are currently seeking a qualified Satellite Systems Platform Specialist to provide RF and Electrical system design, performance analysis, implementation and testing in support to Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) or Telecommunication satellite related to Telemetry, Command and Ranging, Bus Power & Thermal and Attitude Control Systems.
Location: Montreal QC, Brampton ON or anywhere in Canada with some travel
The Satellite Systems Platform and Payload Specialist provides Telemetry, Command and Ranging, Bus Power & thermal and Attitude Control Systems subsystems architecture design and RF performance analysis during the satellite life cycle, including bids, requirement definition, project implementation, testing phases along with R&D activities in support of satellite or processes improvement.
• Provide support to and/or lead payload or platform design activities.
• Monitor platform team and partner suppliers and join an integrated product team involving travels to partner facility outside Canada (i.e. LA, California USA) for the duration of the program.
• Participate in the Satellite electrical and RF performance evaluation.
• Write engineering documentations: system requirements, SOC, verification and validation matrix, design description, systems budgets, equipment specifications, test requirements, RFD/RFW.
• Perform system worst case analysis, inputs and support to program reviews: EQSR, SRR, PDR, CDR.
• Support Satellite/ Platform assembly Integration and Test. Attend test reviews: TRR, TRB, DRB, and NCR’s.
• Support Satellite/Platform testing: EGSE, Test supervision, data analysis.
• Support Satellite tests or at S/C supplier premises.
• Support In-Orbit Test (IOT).
• Technical monitoring of major subcontractors.
• Support to DC & RF harness design, Platform and Payload layout.
• Write up subsystem Operations Manual.
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Previous design and AIT experience with GEO and LEO satellite systems
• Understanding of the space environment and orbit mechanics
• Strong understanding of aerospace systems and engineering fundamentals
• Relevant Experience with testing Telemetry, Command and Ranging, Power and Attitude Control Systems.
• Demonstrated capability to test RF systems and resolve problems
• Hands-on individual who can lead all systems integration processes
• Experience with qualification and acceptance testing of new designs
• High degree of attention to detail
• Demonstrated capability to efficiently work with little to no supervision
• Ability to distill complex problems to fundamentals to solve with analysis, similarity, or creativity
• Experience creating or using models and/or simulation software
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience leading a technical team
• Support the spacecraft operations team in critical phases
• Canadian citizen preferred due to Clearance process (Reliability & CGP)