View all jobs
Intermediate MTS & MA Engineer (Original)/ Engineering - Safety and Mission Assurance Engineer 3Brampton, ON
- Supporting engineering teams in confirming that proposed solutions can meet the operational concepts.
- Early identification of technical risk and support of risk mitigation planning.
- Early identification of quality requirements and implementation planning.
- Early identification of safety risks, mitigation planning and driving requirements to include safety controls.
- Preparing Safety and Mission Assurance Program Plans.
- Review of design and test documentation (drawings, specifications, SOWs, test procedures etc.)
- Continuous monitoring and support of the solution and its implementation during manufacturing, assembly, integration, and test to ensure it meets the customer technical and quality requirements.
- Support to resolving hardware and software non-conformances (i.e., MRB, SPRB) and failure investigations.
- Performing analyses as required (e.g., hazard analysis, reliability analysis, failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)).
- Finding process improvements for increased quality, productivity, efficiency, and cost savings.
- Interact with internal customers (including program managers, engineering, and manufacturing teams), external customers (including their program and S&MA personnel)
- May include interaction with subcontractors and major suppliers.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Mechatronics from a major Canadian university
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience for Intermediate hires, or master’s degree. Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience for MTS
- Experience or strong interest in working in product assurance.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, with a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of safety/hazard analysis and reliability fundamentals is an asset.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.