View all jobs
Mechanical Structure EngineerBrampton, ON
- Be part of a design team to evaluate, numerically, analytically and/or experimentally, stiffness, strength and durability of the structure of our robotic, nuclear and medical products.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop state-of-the-art robotics
- Size components, identify problem areas, propose design modification or improvement and subsequently approve the mechanical design.
- Support manufacturing, and validate and prove the mechanical design by conducting mechanical tests on the product hardware according to the mechanical loading environment.
- Generate analysis reports and create mechanical test plans and reports.
- Investigate problems/failures during development and test
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years direct experience on structural dynamics (modal analysis, SINE and Random vibration and Acoustic excitation), preferably in the aerospace industry
- Experience in impact of different mechanical loading conditions (QS, Dynamic and thermal stress) on mechanical design
- Familiarity with NASTRAN/NX CAD & CAE tools
- Ability to work within a team of structural engineers
- Multi-tasking and task-prioritizing capability
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical design
- Ability of working under tight schedule and pressure
- Experience in a major CAD tool (such as NX, Pro-E or Catia) is an asset
- Experience and knowledge in fatigue and shock are an asset
- Understanding spacecraft requirement is an asset