View all jobs
Mechanical Structure EngineerBrampton, ON
- Be part of a design team to evaluate, numerically, analytically, and/or experimentally, stiffness, strength, and durability of the structure of our robotic, nuclear and medical products.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop state-of-the-art robotics
- Size components, identify problem areas, propose design modification or improvement and subsequently approve the mechanical design.
- Support manufacturing, and validate and prove the mechanical design by conducting mechanical tests on the product hardware according to the mechanical loading environment.
- Generate analysis reports and create mechanical test plans and reports.
- Investigate problems/failures during development and test
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field with a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant working experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of direct experience in structural dynamics (modal analysis, SINE and Random vibration, and Acoustic excitation), preferably in the aerospace industry
- Experience in the impact of different mechanical loading conditions (QS, Dynamic and thermal stress) on mechanical design
- Exposure to nonlinear analysis and experience in fatigue and Damage Tolerance analysis
- Experience in a dynamic environment with vibration and shock analysis
- Familiarity with NASTRAN/NX CAD & CAE tools, FEA/FEM tools (FEM modeling/meshing/post-processing)
- Ability to work within a team of structural engineers
- Multi-tasking and task-prioritizing capability
- Knowledge and understanding of advanced mechanical design
- Ability to work under tight schedules and pressure
- Experience in a major CAD tool (such as NX, Pro-E, or Catia) is an asset
- Experience and knowledge in fatigue and shock are an asset
- Understanding spacecraft requirement is an asset