View all jobs
Intermediate Embedded Software EngineerBrampton, Ontario
- Design safety critical, real-time software solutions
- Document and communicate designs/plans;
- Implement and test safety critical, real-time software solutions
- Review the work of teammates (senior and junior)
- Mentor and grow the skills of more junior team members via conversations, review of work products, etc.
- Participate in estimation efforts for new tasks
- Provide feedback and suggestions to improve coding standards, tools, processes, etc.
- Other duties as will be assigned from time to time by management or a team lead.
- Bachelor degree in Software, Computer, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of Software Embedded Experience
- Strong knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with real-time embedded software development on an RTOS or bare metal
- Experience with Agile development environment
- Experience with VxWorks, RTX64, or RTEMS is an asset
- Experience with Communications interfaces (SPI, EtherCAT, CANOpen, etc.) Is an asset
- Experience with Test driven development (TDD, ATDD, BDD) is an asset
- Experience with continuous integration/build automation is an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.