View all jobs
Sr. Data EngineerToronto, ON
- Acts as the lead for any high complexity functional data requirements and transformation needs;
- Architects data pipes and technology stacks related to data manipulations;
- Defines the requirements and oversees the development of back-end and front-end services;
- Work with the management closely to bridge the technical discipline and business disciple to achieve the common goals for the organization;
- Technically responsible for the data mining and analysis activities under the platform group.
- Should works with the other Engineering departments in order to ensure that the data platforms, processes, and tools are sufficient to meet the needs of our current and future projects.
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, System Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field;
- +5 years relevant working experience;
- Expert Knowledge of C#, .net core, API Design, Vue.js;
- Computer Science Fundamentals, data structures and algorithms;
- Experience with one of the popular front-end SPA frameworks : Vue.js, React.js, Angular;
- Knowledge of API design;
- Experience with one of the languages is a plus : .Net, Java;
- Experience with one of the scripting languages is a plus : Python, Ruby;
- Knowledge of railway signaling techniques is a plus;
- Ability to interface with important customer leadership and project leadership;
- Meticulous evidence based decision making and engineering approach to problem solving;
- Ability to work in high stress work environments where deadlines are tight and expectations are high;
- Expert Knowledge of Engineering risk and decision making process is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.