View all jobs
Sr. Hardware DesignerToronto, ON
- Demonstrating a high degree of initiative, and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Good understanding of SelTrac signal plans and SelTrac Radio equipment.
- Demonstrating an advanced level of logical reasoning resulting in effective hardware application designs, products and processes.
- Interpreting and the ability to write requirements.
- Preparing specifications for hardware and/or software components.
- Proficient with the use of development tools, CAD packages (Microstation, AutoCAD)
- Selecting an appropriate design approach and maximizing use of existing design.
- When required, lead a small team of designers from 1 or 5 Designers and manage assigned tasks, schedule, and budget.
- Keeping track of progress on all tasks assigned to the team, ensuring that all tasks proceed according to schedule, within budget, and in accordance with all requirements.
- Verify that all assigned work has been completed accurately and on time.
- Carry out all assigned work efficiently, with a minimum of supervision.
- Generating accurate, supportable estimates for current departmental technology and providing estimates for technologies that are new to the department.
- Intimate understanding of work instructions and the QMS process.
- Mentor junior or new members of the department.
- Maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the job and in relations with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years' experience writing hardware requirements/specifications;
- Must have experience working in the Rail or signalling field or equivlent expeirence;
- Experience and knowledge of CAD tools: Microstation and AutoCad is a must;
- Experience in understanding and reading Bill of Materials;
- Experience using SAP to input and extract data and knowledge of Chorus process is desirable;
- Experience using Configuration Management tool for revision control, documentation;
- Experience using Clear Quest and Microsoft Office Suite for documentation;
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Well developed verbal skills to interact effectively and professionally in a variety of forums,
- Well developed writing skills to prepare clear effective documents.
- Good interpersonal and diplomatic skills to deal confidently, courteously, and correctly with people at any level within the organization, and the customer.