View all jobs
Electrical TechnicianCambridge, ON
- Verify and validate railway signaling controls and communications hardware and software in accordance with approved plans and procedures;
- Verification of wiring plans via continuity “buzz” testing in accordance with written procedures;
- System integration and performance testing working with various electronic and software based simulators;
- Maintain accurate records following project document management processes and procedures;
- Ensure that all safety policies are enforced; participates in regular site inspections/audits;
- Conduct formal testing (integration) and check circuits in accordance to test plans using Multimeter.
- Must be willing to work multiple shifts.
- A Diploma in Electronics, Controls, Communications or a related field;
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in electrical testing and test execution;
- Experienced in reading drawings, schematics, and test plans;
- Interest in railway and transit signaling and controls;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Experience testing electrical controls, PLC’s, SCADA systems would be an asset;
- Ability to obtain Professional Engineer status in Canada would be an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.