View all jobs
FPGA Design EngineerToronto, ON
- Document creation for the development activities including: Requirements, Design and Verification documents.
- Support development of internal processes such as Coding Standards, V&V standards, and Design Standards to meet the project requirements;
- Support design and development of a FPGA controller design interfacing with digital and analog interfaces including: ARINC 429, RS-485, Discrete signals, LVDT sensors, and analog I/O interfaces;
- Review and support certification documentation;
- Support development of an SEU mitigation plan for the FPGA design.
- A Bachelors degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent;
- A minimum of five years experience in FPGA design and implementation using System Verilog and/or Verilog;
- Demonstrated functional and technical team leadership skills in the oversight of in-house engineers;
- Strong background in design, development and debugging of advanced FPGA devices;
- Experience with debugging timing/speed constraints;
- Knowledge of system level design, tradeoffs and constraints of any implementation;
- Experience with defining and documenting the test bench designs and test plans;
- Proficient with typical lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, etc.);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.