Aversan Inc. (www.aversan.com
) is a reputable Engineering Company that provides expertise in Systems Integration and Software Testing for industries including Digital Health, Medical Devices, IT and Aerospace. We are currently seeking a qualified Field Engineer Civil. The successful candidate for this position will be a part of a highly motivated work environment that feeds off the collective energy of a team-oriented workplace.
Job Title: Tunnel Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Toronto, ON (in-person)
Salary: Competitive, based on experience and knowledge
Benefits: Extended health care, on-site parking, RRSP match
Schedule: Monday to Friday
As a TBM Tunnel Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the construction of tunnels using Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs). Your role will involve ensuring the safe and efficient operation of TBMs, coordinating with project stakeholders, and leading a team of tunneling professionals. Your expertise in tunnel construction, TBM operation, and project management will be essential to successfully deliver tunneling projects on time and within budget.
- Plan the activities and requirements for the TBM drive.
- Analyze TBM data to optimize production rates.
- Manage the logistic area, including mucking area, key materials, segments, and grout plant required for TBM advance.
- Support and organize the procurement of equipment and materials.
- Maximize the production of TBMs, backup systems, conveyor belt systems, and other critical equipment.
- Ensure works are performed according to required quality standards.
- Prepare technical reports related to TBM and logistics, addressing client's technical comments.
- Collaborate in defining the technical contractual part for subcontracts and establish adequate invoicing systems.
- Assess ground conditions and make critical decisions for optimized support.
- Determine consumption of additives for injection into the ground.
- Supervise and manage TBM Supervisors, Logistic Managers, Mucking Managers, and TBM Technical Office Manager.
- Collaborate closely with the Workshop Manager and Geotechnical Cont Lead.
- Participate in meetings with the client.
- Supervise survey and TBM guidance operations.
- Instruct, lead, supervise, and train project subgroups.
- Coordinate with Tunnel Construction Lead and subsection superintendents to ensure project adherence to cost and schedule.
- Manage and coordinate knowledge transfer to the Canadian workforce.
- Cultivate customer relationships through proactive interaction with project owners.
- Train and develop the skills of shift engineers.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- In-depth knowledge of tunneling techniques, TBM operation, and geotechnical considerations.
- Strong project management skills, including project planning, budget management, and team leadership.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Familiarity with safety regulations and quality control practices in tunnel construction.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Team player mindset.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field (master's degree is a plus).
- P. Eng. qualification and relevant experience.
- Proven experience (10 years) in managing TBM (EPB, Slurry) tunnel construction projects, preferably involving TBMs.
- Experience working in Canada and on North American Tunneling projects is an advantage.
Please note that this position requires working on a construction site.