View all jobs
Robotics Automation EngineerToronto, ON
- Design and implement automated systems for use in diverse optical manufacturing and production environments;
- Ability to determine existing automation capabilities and future opportunities;
- Design/programming of control systems, software, and configuration for automated equipment (Epson robots);
- Creation of technical documentation (requirements, development, design changes, control logic, programming narratives, test procedures, user manuals, installation/commissioning manuals, etc.);
- Lead collaborative discussions between key stakeholders to determine automation capabilities and goals;
- Ensure that design is in line with project requirements and design standards;
- Support Installation group with Electrical/Programming issues.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Computer/Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent;
- A minimum of three years' experience programming and implementation of control code for multi-axis servo systems and motion controllers;
- Knowledge of Safety Systems as they relate to robotics;
- Solid Project management skills, creating detailed road maps to guide automation projects from conception to final implementation (with focus on Timeline, Milestones, Evaluating risks etc.);
- Strong programming, troubleshooting, and electro-mechanical problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.