Job title Intermediate Facilities Technician(Onsite-Monday to friday)
Full time-8 hrs/day
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you! We are on the hunt for an Intermediate Building Facilities Technician to join our team in Richmond, BC.
The Building Facility Technician is responsible for providing the day-to-day coordination and management of all areas of the building operations related to space utilization and function, ensuring all requirements related to the safe operation of the facility are met. The Facility Technician will also be responsible for implementing building-related activities including, but not limited to, identification of new office requirements, lease-hold improvements and lease administration, internal customer contact and interface, assisting with planning and scheduling of routine and emergency work, project set up according to their facility requirements, coordinating procurement with facility needs, coordinating contractor activities, and assisting for future facility and resource needs.
* Work in collaboration with Facilities team to ensure office facility requirements, renovations, and activities are implemented safely and efficiently to support the overall operations of the business
* Handle building/renovation projects, contacting with vendors and supervising their work along with other Facilities team members
* Assist in the oversight of all automated building systems, including heating, lighting, ventilation, security, etc
* Coordinate new office requirements, initial design of space needs and review with end-users as needed
* Coordinate and direct all office relocations and setups as required
* Provide assistance with the execution of large-scale relocations, projects and/or special events
* Coordinate, schedule and prioritize requests for services and maintain records of implementation of such services
* Assist, as necessary, with meeting/conference room setups and maintenance including requirements for special functions
* Provide inputs into facility budget and maintenance, reception, security compliance and mail delivery staff (expectation of all)
* Liaison with janitorial staff, cleaning services and cafeteria operations to address queries as needed
* Support the planning of future building needs and coordinate lease-hold improvements and lease administration as assigned
* Participate in Occupational Health and Safety Committees, Emergency Response Team activities as needed
* Other duties as assigned on an ad hoc basis
* High school diploma. Related training from a recognized post-secondary institution would be an asset
* Three+ years facilities support experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Proficient with personal computers and software (Word, Excel, Scheduling tools)
* Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Customer oriented team player
* Service-oriented and capable of working under pressure with minimal supervision
* Working knowledge of applicable trades
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the enhanced reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP).