View all jobs
Senior Electrical EngineerWaterdown, Ontario
Senior Electrical Engineer – L3 Harris
Location: Burlington, ON
- Responsibility for the full-cycle design, architecture and development of assigned projects and hardware subsystems using a formal stage-gate process.
- Generation of hardware artifacts including, requirements, schematics, BOMS, PCB design and fabrication documentation.
- Conduct bench validation of hardware subsystem.
- Support product integration and qualification of hardware subsystem.
- Support determining, estimating, and managing project tasks.
- Schedule, conduct or actively participate in technical design reviews to ensure design integrity is achieved.
- Support the development and maintenance of related engineering design practices, processes and standards.
- Troubleshoot technical problems on production and customer equipment.
- Support part obsolescence and new part selection.
- Provide technical support to other areas of the organization including Manufacturing Engineering, Bids and Proposals, and Marketing related to the assigned project.
- Develop strong relationships with other engineering disciplines to maximize collaboration and synergy in an effort to meet project goals.
- Watch for new technologies that support present and future product development.
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned by the Manager
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 6 years' experience in Electrical Engineering design with progressive experience.
- Track record of being a strong technical contributor across a wide range of technical problems and across multiple developments.
- Understanding of agile design and development methodologies
- Full life-cycle design, implementation and validation of complex electrical subsystems and products.
- Practical knowledge of circuit card and wiring harness development and manufacturing processes.
- Practical analytical skills with a focus on being able to simulate design concepts.
- Skilled at debugging and testing systems.
- Design with modern CAD, simulation, and analysis tools (SI Wave, Hyperlinx, PSpice, MATLAB preferred).
- Experience with industry standard schematic design and PCB layout tools (ORCAD, Allegro preferred).
- Broad knowledge of electronic components (Xilinx FPGA preferred).
- Knowledge of various military and industry standards related to airborne, marine and ground systems (MIL-STD 704, 461 and 1275 preferred).
- Meets the requirements of the Controlled Goods Registration Program and is eligible for a Canadian government security clearance (NATO Secret).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire for continuous leaning within a fast-paced environment.
- PEng certificate or the ability to obtain