View all jobs
Senior Ground Software EngineerBrampton, Ontario
- Lead designs for ground control software, simulators, and test tools for robotic systems in space;
- Lead designs for intuitive and immersive user interfaces;
- Ensure designs are documented and well communicated;
- Lead and participate in implementation and testing of software solutions;
- Review the work of teammates (senior and junior);
- Mentor and grow the skills of more junior team members via conversations, review of work products, explanation of design tradeoffs, etc.
- Lead estimation efforts for new tasks;
- Collaborate with other seniors and management on the establishment, evolution, and enforcement of standards for coding, tools/environments, processes, etc.
- Other duties as will be assigned from time to time by management or a team lead.
- Bachelor degree in Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- 10+ years of relevant experience;
- Proven ability to design and implement software solutions on Windows or Linux;
- Automated testing;
- Agile development environment;
- Strong knowledge of one or more of:
- React, Node.js,
- Unity3D, C#
- Test driven development (TDD, ATDD, BDD);
- Continuous integration/build automation;
- Python and Lua would be an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.