Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Understands & follows the company’s processes & procedures for developing mission critical software;
- Develops real time systems written in C/C++;
- Writes requirements, designs, codes, debugs, writes test procedures & tests software code;
- Reviews requirements, design documents, code, test procedures & test results;
- Analyses & implements correction for defect reports;
- Performs engineering testing and analyzes issues from the field;
- Solves technical tasks in a timely manner to improve team performance and looks for opportunities & suggests improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent;
- Minimum 4+ years of working experience in embedded software development using C/C++;
- Proficient in scripting languages, preferably Python;
- Experience in VectorCAST is required;
- Experience in embedded development for ARM based microcontrollers or other embedded platforms;
- Familiar with Linux, GCC, Eclipse, ARM/Keil tools, TCP/IP, Ethernet, SDLC/HDLC, CAN Bus, RS-232, RS-485, National Instruments products;
- Familiar with agile work environments, test-driven development, & continuous integration;
- Working knowledge of modern software engineering practices, methods & tools;
- Experience developing for safety critical systems (CENELEC, DO-178B/C, etc.) or experience with large mission-critical & multi-platform heterogeneous systems;
- Comfortable with oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analyzers, electrical schematics, lab environments, on-site test debug;
- Experience with black box and white box testing and continuous integration frameworks;
- Familiar with source control tools (Git, ClearCase, etc.), static analysis (PC-lint, Coverity, etc.), build system automation;
- Excellent analytical skills, able to diagnose issues based on field logs and correlate events to failures;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.