Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Understands the customer's needs and through life cycle concerns whatever the used means (e.g. advanced studies, simulations, mock-ups, models, prototypes, etc.).
- Contributes to the formalization of mission/function description, architectural & algorithms design and the refinement of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Designs, codes, debugs, write test procedures and tests software code, chairs design reviews.
- Reviews code, test procedures and test results
- Perform analyses and implements correction for defect reports
- Perform engineering testing in the field and investigates problems in the field.
- Contributes in co-engineering activities with the Systems Engineering team in order to ensure system- software consistency and the right refinement of software components and compliance with the software architecture.
- Solves tasks in the best technical and timely manner.
- Looks for opportunities and make suggestions for improvements.
- Intermediate level analysis skills, able to diagnose issues based on field logs and correlate events to failures
- Able to handle assignments within a medium to large scale software application
- Knowledgeable of the software development processes
- Able to quickly integrate with the team and work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience visual basics
- Experience with critical systems validation and safety critical experience
- Intermediate level experience in development of software for mission-critical /near real-time systems.
- Must understand Networking principles and Protocols (TCP, UDP)
- Must be able to use VB Scripting to support the development of test automation scripts
- Comfortable working in the lab environment for prolonged periods of time
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging HW and SW products
- Knowledge of software development environment (Microsoft Visual Studio, desktop simulator, target simulator, etc.)
- Intermediate level knowledge of railway signalling techniques including of SelTrac CBTC
- Practical experience in using typical programs which are part of Microsoft Office Suite
- Practical experience with source control, IDE and requirements management tools (e.g Eclipse, Jira, Git, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Doors, etc)
- Experience in working within a team using Agile Methodologies
- Good command of the English language