Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Elicit requirements following various approaches such as document analysis, interviews, use cases, story boarding, requirements workshops, site visits, workflow analysis, and competitive product analysis;
- Decompose high-level user requirements into functional requirements specified in sufficient detail to guide the next level of development;
- Ensure the requirement statements are complete, correct, consistent, concise, comprehensible, unambiguous, feasible, unique, necessary, design-independent, and verifiable and that they conform to project standards;
- Use the IBM DOORS requirement management software to structure requirement statements and trace them to the source, design and verification artifacts in the tool, based on the project needs;
- Administer the IBM DOORS requirements management tool environment;
- Maintain and extend an existing library of IBM DOORS DXL scripts;
- Train and mentor more junior members in the use of DOORS;
- Assist in developing, producing and maintaining requirements engineering procedures;
- Organize and lead formal and informal requirement reviews and produce related deliverables, reports and minutes;
- Report status on requirement engineering activities and requirements' progression;
- Work with design and development teams to ensure they understand the requirements and to ensure solutions are available to meet the requirements (i.e. feasibility);
- Work with the test / V&V team to ensure they understand the requirements and to ensure requirements are testable (i.e. verifiable);
- Estimate effort and plan the work for assigned tasks;
- Ensure the Requirements Lead is made aware of all issues, risks and concerns in a timely manner;
- Provide impact analyses for proposed changes;
- Work with minimal supervision.
- To provide products and customer solutions in consistency with all stakeholders’ needs and entity policies, as well as continuously enhance engineering competitiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ of experience in a systems engineering environment;
- Experience in developing systems requirements and sub-systems requirements in a safety-critical environment;
- Experience with IBM DOORS requirements management tool is highly desirable;
- P.Eng. or CET or eligible to obtain Professional Engineering or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.