Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Elaborate the BI short and long-term architecture for all components of the BI/Data Warehouse environments
- Transform the business requirements into BI solutions
- Oversee the development of the conceptual, logical and physical data models, ETL scripts, metadata definitions, work processes, and maintenance procedures
- Design and oversee the development of the BI components including the presentation layer
- Support other IT teams involved in the elaboration of IT solutions that include informational business requirements; communicate and explain the solution; gain consensus; actively support the delivery of such solutions and ensure solutions are delivered as designed and architected
- Research emerging technology to develop BI solutions and define BI principles and guidelines in alignment with the enterprise-wide orientation and vision
- Ensure standards and security compliance
- Refine and validate project scope and objectives for assigned projects
- Provide expert assistance in solving complex technical problems
- Provide professional technical leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision-making to the project planning level.
- Conduct risk and gap analysis
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Software, Computer Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 3 years as BI architect, including the data model design of a SQL Server Data Warehouse environment
- Solid expertise of BI/Data Warehousing end to end
- Experience with relational and dimensional modelling techniques
- Experience with the Microsoft BI stack (on-premises and cloud)
- Effective communication, writing and planning skills and ability to explain abstract concepts to non-technical persons
- Ability to understand business needs and translate these into technical solutions of “right fit” and “right size”
- Knowledge of the following would be an asset: Solution Delivery methodologies (Agile BI), SOA concepts, ESB, JIRA.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously and to manage deadlines.
- English spoken and written. French spoken and read.