Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Understand and follow the company’s processes and procedures for developing vital software, non-vital software, infrastructure software, network interconnections, as well as software and hardware interfaces;
- Build a platform using virtualization technology;
- Design a new platform from hardware up to OS and to run existing Legacy applications into the platform;
- Integrate multiple subsystems together to verify solution meets performance and functional targets;
- Work with various stakeholders to understand different requirements and to consolidate requirements to come up with a solution to deploy the technology;
- Deploy the solution using multiple machines then bring all machines into one central server making sure that anything developed in this platform is transferrable to Cloud;
- Develop tools to automate checks and integration points;
- Produce the software requirements analysis, designs, codes, debugs, write test procedures and tests software code used for integration;
- Review software requirements analysis, design, code, test procedures and test results;
- Perform engineering testing in the lab and desktop environments and investigates problems reported from the field;
- Prepare reports, giving findings on problems.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software, System, Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- 5+ years’ of relevant working experience in building a platform using virtualization technology;
- Experience as a Full Stack Developer creating new platform design and configuration of systems;
- Experience in VMWare, Hypervisor, and Docker;
- Experience in Python and/or Ruby for scripting;
- Knowledge of Cloud systems/technologies, cloud boundaries, orchestration software, deployment software, Cloud AWS, MS Azure;
- Knowledge of Linux system administration and Windows power user;
- Knowledge of software development environment (desktop simulator, target simulator);
- Knowledge of standard networking concepts (subnets / protocols / utilities);
- Ability to write robust scripts and lightweight applications;
- Knowledge of railway signalling techniques is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.