Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Responsible for the detailed design, development and sustainment of the mechanical, fluid and pneumatic systems used in our family of human patient, ultrasound and surgical simulators;
- Design and develop mechanical subsystems for Medical Simulator family of products;
- Develop new products and sustain existing products through design improvements and defect correction;
- Conduct core Research and Development;
- Project management; Control cost and schedule in all development projects;
- Execute complex designs while leading a small project team;
- Communicate status of all responsible projects both in writing and verbally;
- Complies with & enforces all applicable safety rules, regulations, & procedures;
- Work in a team environment to design mechanical elements for simulators including the haptics support, surgical cart development (metal and plastic) as well as simulator development.
- Conceptual and detail modeling as well as the creation of fabrication, assembly and installation drawings for new products and updates.
- Present conceptual and detail designs at project milestone design reviews.
- Coordinate with manufacturing and troubleshooting of prototypes.
- Integration and installation support.
- Suggest and implement product improvement ideas.
- Be part of a team responsible for mechanical design;
- Participate in the analysis of drawings, specifications and requirements for both internal and external customers;
- Participate in design activities between different engineering groups and manufacturing;
- Responsible for designing manufacturing, assembly and installation drawings;
- Find technical solutions to meet the requirements of the projects;
- Support the manufacturing team;
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 1 years’ of experience with mechanical engineering ideally within a biomedical, aerospace or automotive industry;
- Minimum 2 years' of experience with SolidWorks or other 3D CAD Sofware, in a PDM or PLM environment;
- Complete understanding of Quality principles (ISO-9000 or equivalent standards);
- Proficiency with large assembly management, sheetmetal, and surface design techniques is an asset.
- Knowledge of mechanisms design;
- Knowledge of composite materials and plastics;
- Knowledge of shop practices including welding, riveting, machining, molding and bonding;
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical design best practices;
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical sensors and actuators;
- Knowledge of mechanical systems analysis including component and assembly statics and thermals;
- Knowledge of pneumatic and fluid systems;
- Knowledge of thermal management and heat rejection;
- Knowledge of robotics or animatronics;
- Experience with all aspects of Configuration Management including the engineering change process, change control board, drawing formatting/release, part number creation, part revision sequence and bills of material;
- Proficient with MS Office 2007 or newer (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project);
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required;
- Good teamwork and possess excellent oral and written communications skills.