Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Understand and follow the company's processes and procedures for developing software applications;
- Implement real time systems in C/ C++;
- Conceptual and detailed designs of systems or portion of systems;
- Supervise design implementation of programs and test identifying errors and omissions in requirements and ensure that they are resolved;
- Prepare reports, giving findings on problems;
- Supervise software engineers and staff in assignments/tasks, ensuring application of standards, practices/procedures, quality assurance, and adherence to budgets;
- Prepare low level plans, schedules and budgets for software projects;
- Provide assistance in developing software capabilities required to support design effort;
- Provide leadership and motivation to technical staff;
- Provide support to marketing and other departments as required;
- Analyze customer requirements using Company standard methodology;
- Design software based on Company standard methodology;
- Keep abreast of relevant technology developments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent;
- 5+ years’ of relevant working experience;
- Experienced in C Programming Language;
- Experience testing with VectorCAST;
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle;
- Knowledge of Software Architecture and Object Oriented Design;
- Knowledge of railway signalling techniques would be an asset;
- XML, GIT/BitBucket, ClearQuest, Doxygen, Livelink are assets;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.