Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Converts Customer requirements into conceptual designs and prepares associated documentation by performing operational analyses, simulations and technical trade-off studies evaluating alternative design configurations and functional features;
- Similarly creates new concepts or modifies existing concepts to fulfill customer requirements;
- Prepares system & subsystem requirement specifications, interface requirements and test requirement documents by analysing, decomposing modelling and refining customer requirements and typical train control domain requirements;
- Performs technical/engineering tasks to define system design and subsystem requirements details. Analysis and simulations are performed as necessary to identify design feasibility & driving requirements;
- Prepare and support the preparation of design & development proposals based on a knowledge of ATC technology, customer requirements and backed by analysis, simulation and trade-off of key design driving requirements;
- Presents technical design proposals and reports to customers and/or other engineering/management groups in clear, complete, concise and non-ambiguous terms;
- Prepares specialized systems analyses based on polytechnic engineering skills;
- Prepares specialized systems analyses based on polytechnic engineering skills and detail knowledge of the clients domain, covering one or more of the following:
- Logic and Continuous Controls Design;
- Safety distance calculations;
- Headway simulations;
- Radio/Network knowledge including RF.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Design engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ of experience with specification-driven systems design (as it applies to computer systems with both hardware and software operation);
- Define sub-systems requirements;
- Familiarity with modern software development methodology tools and software specification;
- Basic mechanical & dynamic motion analysis, reliability engineering, radio communications systems engineering, automatic controls and command engineering;
- Familiarity with military and automated train control systems specifications and standards is an asset;
- Experience with DOORS, or equivalent, based requirements tool, is desirable;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.